This short guide will give you the information you need to apply to set up a DAO. The process is quite simple and quick. Once your application is submitted, we will be in touch to either request more information or explain the next steps. If you are not sure what a DAO is read our introduction explaining 'what is a DAO and how can it help me?'
- A DAO is an autonomous organisation, which means no one person will control it once it is active, unless they are given temporary control by the members of the DAO.
- DAO's are controlled through votes recorded on the blockchain
- A DAO must have a minimum of one member, functionally three or more is desirable and a theoretically unlimited number of participants.
What we need from you:
- Your contact information
- Giving your DAO a Title
Please use a descriptive name based on what your outcome is. Don't use identifying names or brands unless you have the explicit permission of the person or brand owner.
Try to use your region not your nearest city location if the DAO is related to a project in a specific area.
- e.g. "South Australian Green Open Energy Consortium" is better than "Help us Build wind turbines near Melbourne"
- Please explain your desired outcome in one sentence
This is very important and will largely determine if your DAO formation will be accepted or not. State what you want to DAO to achieve, which must not be simply to raise money or connect people, it must be to pursue a particular future idea or disruptive approach.
- Describe the activities of your DAO
What will your DAO be involved in doing on a daily or weekly basis? What elements of the organisational structure will incentivise people to participate and what will any funds be used for. Be brief and we will be in touch to get further information from you.